Wednesday, July 7, 2010

everything's better with knitting!

Or is it the other way around? :)  I have a new sweater on the needles. This one is the empire waist cardigan made with classic elite provence. I saw it on a friend to knit with last summer and started it not long afterward. It was eclipsed, though, by the cabled sweater (which is now sitting -- half-put-together -- in the basket from which I rescued the empire waist cardigan).
This is perfect, sit-by-the-pool knitting. The sleeves and back are knit sideways, starting at the end of one sleeve and knitting across to the end of the other sleeve. Then you pick up stitches along one edge and knit in the other direction to make the skirt (peplum?). Off to sit by the pool, knitting in hand...

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed. You must share your knitting tips. I have mastered teh simpl escarf and on to bracelets now...but FRIGHTENED of patters. I need help...this sweather is beautiful! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete