Last spring, I was amazed by Erin's auction quilts. Back then, I didn't plan to create anything similar -- just admire hers from afar. But in September, when no one volunteered to do Ms. Terrell's class project, I couldn't keep my mouth shut. Which brings us to today, and me making a quilt.
I've been following Erin's instructions, and (so far), it's going pretty well. The kids drew their favorite animals (including a surprising number of bats, fish and tigers); I scanned, printed, soaked, cut and sewed. Today, I finished the squares. Next up: adding the white strips and piecing the squares together. Auction isn't until March, but I suspect that with work starting again Monday, it will take me that long to finish!